FINAL - Craft and Media Technology : Video

Craft and Media Technology : Video

Assignment Brief

For this project we had to create a 1 minute long narrative, which comprised of a beginning - middle and end, in any style/medium.



At the start of this project, i started sketching all my ideas. However i realised i really struggle with filling the space between each event.
(UPLOAD SCANNED IMAGES)

This led to me watching some scenes from my favourite movies, analysing the cinematography, with notes and quick doodles.
(UPLOAD SCANNED IMAGES)

Then i knocked a story board of an idea which took the situation i was in, and used that as a mini-story.
Using the basic timeline, i worked on it as i created it, changing slight things due to technical limits etc.
Which left me with ...




The final 1 minute narrative. A lot of the scenes could've been rehearsed better. Also i really underestimated the difficulty of compositing Flash with Sony Vegas. If i was to redo this project, i would learn my technologies limits fully beforehand. The lighting was also a key issues, I really didnt understand the babsic concepts of 3 point lighting, or how important it was for my overall quality. Also, to work on my time management.